Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Project Engineer I
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$61,195 + depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:12/29/2017
- Provide project management for a wide variety of capital improvement projects, including facilities construction and renovations, facilities system upgrades (HVAC, electrical, etc.), park improvements, streetscape improvements, utility relocations, and other assigned projects
- Manage assigned projects from conception through project close-out Manage professional engineering design contracts, review design plans and specifications, and prepare cost estimates
- Assist with acquisition of properties for public use
- Manage construction contracts; prepare bid and construction contract documents; review submittals and shop drawings
- Inspect public improvement projects for conformance with construction plans and specifications
- Responsible for coordination of construction progress with contractors and citizens
- Bachelor's degree in facilities engineering, civil engineering, architecture, construction management, or related architectural/engineering field; supplemented by three to five years of experience or training that includes engineering, architecture or construction management; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Must have knowledge of principles and practices of engineering and/or construction processes
- Must have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record. Must maintain cooperative and effective working relationships, and have excellent communication skills
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to advance multiple engineering projects in an efficient and timely manner
- Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Herndon Municipal Center, 777 Lynn Street