Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
- Salary/Pay Rate:$25.00/ per hour
- Posted Date:01/10/2018
The Herndon Community Center is currently seeking a part-time certified personal trainer who is skilled in teaching various training formats, depending on client or small group training need. Formats include but are not limited to: functional training, the use of various equipment such as TRX suspension trainers, core, balance, and training to various populations, including seniors. Trainers will work in three hour time blocks (or more, as applicable), depending on training and small group class demand with a potential opportunity for additional personal training hours. No high-pressure sales or revenue quotas. Enjoy working in a relaxed environment where you are helping our community members for all the right reasons.
- Responsible for conducting personal training sessions & small group personal training classes
- Must be capable and comfortable training people of all ages and abilities
- Provides exemplary professional knowledge and communication skills to successfully address client goals and needs
- Manages their time and client schedules responsibly and completes their workload with a great deal of autonomy Sees quality as a priority in the workplace
- Remains motivated and self-initiating
- Handles challenges eagerly and learns to grow from them Is reliable and remains consistent in their style of working and customer service/leadership
- Chooses this profession primarily for the altruistic purpose of helping others
- Candidates must have a current personal training certification from a nationally recognized organization (NSCA, ACE, NASM, ACSM, etc.)
- Must have a current CPR/AED certification
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, plus strong communication and organizational skills are required
- Preferred candidates will have at least one year of personal training experience and/or a two- or four-year degree in a field related to the Exercise Sciences
- Flexible shifts, weekday early morning and evening shifts (3 hours shifts) available
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue