Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Community Center Custodian
- Salary/Pay Rate:$11.40
- Posted Date:01/10/2018
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance at the Herndon Community Center, Bready Park, and Haley Smith Park facilities are clean, and that rooms and facilities are appropriately set-up and ready for classes and events
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, buffs, waxes, and vacuums floor surfaces. Dusts and cleans desks and other furniture
- Cleans windows, walls, woodwork, blinds and light fixtures. Empties trash receptacles and deposits collected refuse in proper receptacles
- Makes daily inspections of buildings and surrounding grounds for safety or maintenance problems
- Exercises sound judgment and takes initiative and addresses or reports problems as appropriate. Lock/unlock buildings in the mornings/nights
- Makes minor non- technical repairs; replaces light bulbs/tubes, cleans and pick-up papers and litter around grounds and buildings
- Assists in moving and arranging furniture and equipment and setting up for special meetings, rentals and events
- Participates in departmental and divisional staff meeting as scheduled
- Performs emergency clean-up duties
- High school diploma or GED preferred; supplemented by little or no previous experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 20 hours per week, mostly evenings and weekends
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue