Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Head Swim Coach for USS Swim Team
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$45,893 + depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:01/22/2018
The HAC has been competitive in the DC-MD-VA metro region for over 25 years, producing junior and senior national swimmers, Olympic Trials qualifiers, as well as meeting the community’s needs for a local year round swim club. With access to an eight lane, 25 yard pool in a 56,0000 square foot recreation facility, the Commanders Swim team is based in the Town of Herndon in Fairfax County and borders Loudoun County, two of the most populous and affluential counties in the nation. HAC currently has 250 swimmers ranging in age from 5-18 years old and competes in the Potomac Valley Swim League.
- Plans, supervises, coordinates, leads and instructs the Herndon Aquatics Club Commanders Swim Team
- Develops and implements the Herndon Commanders swim program, including recruiting and supervising coaching staff, recruiting, developing and maintaining positive relationships with swimmers, developing the season training plan, meet administration, collaborating with the Club’s volunteer board, and coaching senior-level swimmers or other groups as determined
- Maintains a commitment to the operation of a safe aquatic environment, a positive atmosphere with regards to sportsmanship, goal setting, and a positive learning environment for all
- The Head Swim Coach is expected to attend all swim meets and team functions throughout the year
- Perform related work as required
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation or closely related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years previous experience and/or training involving working with swimmers, coaching, and staff supervision; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including daily use of Word, Excel, and Outlook Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Possession of certification in Pool Operations, CPR and First Aid, American Red Cross Lifeguarding, and Safety Training for Coaches required within three (3) months after hire
- Varies, mornings, evenings and weekends
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Ave