Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Utility Maintenance Worker II
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$38,935 - 50,056 depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:01/30/2018
- Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to operate medium to heavy automotive and specialty equipment in performing Public Works maintenance and repair of the sanitary sewer conveyance system and water distribution system
- Performs skilled work
- Responsible for operating any of the following; CCTV unit, flush truck and trailer, refuse and roll-off trucks, dump truck, rubber-tire loader, tractor, front-end loader, backhoe, bobcat, milling machine, sweeper, forklift, bush hog, snow removal equipment and other maintenance equipment
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining records of work performed; and performing general maintenance on equipment. On occasion this position will be required to supervise field staff
- Performs related work as required
Position is considered “essential personnel”; defined as staff who are required to report to their designated work location during weather related or other emergencies, even when town offices are closed or normal operations are suspended.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years previous experience or training involving heavy equipment operation and Public Works maintenance
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Valid Commercial driver’s license, Class B with air brakes and tanker endorsement within six months of employment
- Flagger certification within six months of employment
- Trench safety within six months of employment
- Confined space entry within six months of employment
- Fork lift certificate within 6 months of employment
- 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Mon-Fri
- Town Shop, 1479 Sterling Road