Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Event Staff / Event Coordinator
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13 - 20/hr depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:03/02/2018
- Under leadership of recreation staff, create, develop and execute community activities in downtown Herndon. Work includes planning activities, securing supplies and equipment, promotion and leading activities as well as record-keeping and evaluation.
- Must be able to work independently
- Requires strong communication skills and customer service focus with diverse groups of people. Most events occur on weekends, with more activities taking place April - October.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving records
- Looking for individual with energy and creativity with 1-2 years recreation programming experience. Great opportunity to grow recreation programming and event skills
- Varies, flexible planning hours (during work week) and activities & events are weekends
- Average 10-20 hours per week in spring/summer season
- Flexible hours required
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue