Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Seasonal Laborer II - Refuse
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12. 00
- Posted Date:09/20/2017
- Picks up trash and recyclables from private homes, businesses and bus stops on an assigned route; picks up trash to include trash cans and dumps trash into truck; may include riding on the rear of a collections vehicle
- Assists with roadside litter and special collections; picks up trash from town property, street cans in public spaces and dog waste stations; picks up and sorts recyclables
- Participates in the removes snow and ice and other emergencies
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Driver's license with acceptable driving records
- Solid Waste handling preferred
- Requires the ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools and/or materials used in performing essential functions. Capable of lifting objects up to 100 pounds
- Follows all Federal, State, County, Town and OSHA safety requirements, including but not limited to wearing the appropriate PPE (hard hat, safety vest, steel toe shoes, gloves, etc.) as required
- 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Flexible hours, however Wednesdays are required
- Town Shop, 1479 Sterling Rd