Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Community Center Supervisor II
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$45,893 - $60,556
- Posted Date:11/06/2017
- Deadline to Apply:12/01/2017 5:00 PM
Under supervision, the position monitors and supervises the use of a community center as part of the Operations Division of a Parks and Recreation Department in an active, diverse town within Fairfax County, ensuring the continuous, smooth implementation of daily activities and events. Herndon Community Center is a 56,000 sq. ft. facility with a budget of approximately $1M.
- Responsible for recruiting, supervising and evaluating assigned staff and overseeing and monitoring community center activities; serving as a role model for effective customer service
- Coordinating with community organizations; promoting and managing the department’s scholarship program
- Manages the department’s community service program; processing and scheduling rental contracts; conducting special projects and preparing schedules and reports
- Provides input to division budget and purchasing needs, and recommendations for procedures, revenue opportunities and promotions/marketing for the facility
- Exhibits ability to routinely manage multiple priorities, respond calmly and logically in crisis situations, use sound judgment, and provide effective leadership to other community center staff
- Performs related work as required
- Bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation, public administration, sports administration, or closely related field; supplemented by one to two years previous experience and/or training that includes serving in a supervisory capacity in a public parks and recreation agency with customer service responsibilities
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- CPR and First Aid preferred
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Tuesday - Saturday, 1:30 - 10:30 p.m. Occasional morning hours; holidays as needed
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Ave