Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Summer Camp Recreation Leader II
- Salary/Pay Rate:$11 - 13/hour, DOQ
- Posted Date:12/12/2017
- Deadline to Apply:04/27/2018
- Assist with the operation of an eight-week summer recreation program for youths ages 6-12
- Plan and implement daily activities such as games, sports, crafts and special recreation events
- This position will take a leadership role in the planning and implementation of activities in specific age groups
- Parent interaction is required with this position
- Must attend weekly staff meetings, submit lesson plans, and complete weekly evaluations; other related duties that may apply
- CPR and first aid certifications required prior to start of camp
- Must work full eight-week camp and one-week staff orientation
- Must enjoy working with children and have strong customer service skills
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Previous experience working in summer camps or with children highly desirable
- Educational background in recreation, education, physical education or related field preferred
- Strong swimming skills desirable
- Monday-Friday. 35-40 hour work week during camp sessions, June 18 - August 10 including July 4th.
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue