Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Summer Nature Camp Director
- Salary/Pay Rate:$16 - 20/hour, DOQ
- Posted Date:12/12/2017
- Deadline to Apply:04/27/2018
- Direct and manage outdoor nature discovery camp for children ages 4-12
- Lead games and activities, organize nature walks and day camp nature education programs, set up camp and instruct nature craft classes
- Must submit lesson plans and complete evaluations; other duties may apply
- Must be at least 20 years of age and have high school diploma or equivalent, have interest in nature and ecology, enjoy working with children, enjoy working outdoors
- Demonstrated experience in leading a group is required
- Educational background in recreation, outdoor education, child care or camp counselor experience, CPR certification, and nature interpretation or teaching experience desired
- Must have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Varies, Monday-Friday, June 9 – August 10
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue