Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Summer Preschool Camp Director
- Salary/Pay Rate:$16 - $18/hour, DOQ
- Posted Date:12/12/2017
- Deadline to Apply:04/27/2018
- Supervise an eight-week state licensed summer preschool play camp for ages 3-5
- Supervise one staff person. Plan and lead trips, games, sports, arts and crafts and special events
- Submit weekly reports, maintain attendance records and licensing and communicate with parents
- Must have CPR and first aid certifications prior to start of camp. Must have current TB test
- Must have previous camp leadership experience
- Must attend full eight-week camp plus one week pre-planning time
- Must have valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Must have strong customer service skills, experience/interest in youth education and recreation preferred
- Minimum of three years educational background in recreation, physical education, education, related field or comparable experience desired.
- Monday through Friday, 9am–2pm, June 1 – August 17
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue