Teen Discovery Camp Recreation Leader
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12 - $15/hour, DOQ
- Posted Date:12/12/2017
- Deadline to Apply:04/27/2018
Return to full list >>
- Assist with the operation of an eight-week travel camp for youths ages 12-15
- Implement and supervise daily activities such as trips, games, sports, crafts and special recreation events
- This position will take a leadership role in the planning and implementation of activities. Parent interaction is required with this position
- Must complete weekly evaluations; other related duties that may apply
- CPR and first aid certifications required
- Must work full eight-week camp, plus one week of training
- Must have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must enjoy working with children and have strong customer service skills.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in summer camps or with children highly desirable.
- Educational background in recreation, education, physical education or related field preferred.
- Strong swimming skills desirable.
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; June 1 – August 17, including July 4th.
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue