The Town of Herndon and the Virginia Department of Transportation are seeking public comment on the East Spring Street Improvement Plans.
A Design Public Hearing will be held on:
Thursday, March 8, 2018, 6:30pm - 8:30pm, in the Herndon Community Center gym at 814 Ferndale Avenue, Herndon.
The East Spring Street Improvement Project enhances multi-modal service levels along Spring Street and Herndon Parkway at the intersection of those two roads, the approaches to the intersection, and on Spring between the intersection and the Fairfax County Parkway overpass. The project is intended to increase vehicular mobility and capacity, improve sidewalk connectivity and safety, and connect the Sugarland Run Regional Trail with the planned Herndon Parkway Cycle Track with access to the Herndon Metro Station. Project highlights include:
- widening of Spring Street in project area with additional thru and turn lanes
- widening of Herndon Parkway in project area with additional thru and turn lanes
- access management improvements
- improvements to enhance Fairfax County Parkway interchange movements
- 2000' length of Herndon Parkway cycle track to connect with Sugarland Run Regional Trail
- high visibility crosswalks
- ADA compliant sidewalks and curb ramps
- new sidewalk on south side of Spring Street to connect with County sidewalk under Fairfax County Parkway
- new traffic and accessible pedestrian signals
The project has $6.705 million in funding commitments from regional, state and federal sources. Construction is planned to begin in 2021.
This project is currently in the design phase and is being administered by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT). To learn more, email email@example.com or call 703-787-7380.
PROJECT DOCUMENTS AND LINKS