Customer Service Week, October 3-7
The Town of Herndon will be celebrating our commitment to excellent customer service throughout the week with the following activities:
- The Mayor and Town Council will issue a proclamation for Customer Service Week at the council meeting on Tuesday, September 27.
- Employees will add a customer service week banner to their email signature block from Monday, October 3 through Friday, October 7.
- Town Manager Art Anselene will visit with town staff during the day on Monday, October 3 to promote customer service, the Outstanding Performance Awards, and other topics. A copy of the council proclamation will be delivered to all departments and new employees will be asked to sign the customer service pledge.
- Customer Service training seminars will be conducted during the week for new and select employees.
- Non-perishable food items will be collected until Thursday, October 6 and donated to LINK.
Customer Service Initiative
The Town of Herndon's customer service initiative is inspired by the Town Council's 2035 Vision tenet, "Honoring People." As part of the Count ON Us program, employees make the following pledge to citizens, businesses, and others who interact with the town:
- We will treat you fairly and with respect.
- We will listen carefully to your concerns.
- We will answer your questions in a timely, accurate and professional manner, and we will follow through to ensure your needs are met.
- We will constantly review our tools, resources and processes so that we may provide exceptional service to you.
- We will provide clear channels by which you may provide feedback about town programs and services.
Complete the customer service feedback form to help us identify ways we can strengthen customer service; and recognize employees who go above and beyond in providing exceptional customer service.