Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Camp Staff / Assistant Director
- Salary/Pay Rate:$14.00 - 16.00/hour, DOQ
- Posted Date:11/13/2018
- Deadline to Apply:05/10/2019
- Assist in the operation, planning and supervision of an eight-week licensed recreational summer camp for youths ages 6-12
- Assist with supervising the camp, early/late care program and camp staff. This position involves daily interaction with parents
- Lead trips, games, sports, arts & crafts and other recreation events
- Evaluate program; submit weekly reports, other related duties that may apply
- CPR and first aid certifications required. Must have current TB test
- Must have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Must work full eight-week camp, plus one-week staff orientation and one or two weeks planning time
- Requires strong customer service skills
- Previous supervisory and camp leadership experience preferred
- Educational background in recreation, physical education, education or related field desired. Interest in youth recreation activities preferred
- Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week, June 1 - August 9, including July 4th.
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue