Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Camp Staff / Teen Discovery
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12 - $15/hour, DOQ
- Posted Date:11/13/2018
- Deadline to Apply:05/10/2019
- Assist with the operation of an eight-week travel camp for youths ages 12-15
- Implement and supervise daily activities such as trips, games, sports, crafts and special recreation events
- This position will take a leadership role in the planning and implementation of activities. Parent interaction is required with this position
- Must complete weekly evaluations; other related duties that may apply
- CPR and first aid certifications required
- Must work full eight-week camp, plus one week of training
- Must have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must enjoy working with children and have strong customer service skills.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in summer camps or with children highly desirable.
- Educational background in recreation, education, physical education or related field preferred.
- Strong swimming skills desirable.
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; June 1 – August 16, including July 4th.
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue