Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$34,000 - 38,000 depending on experience
- Posted Date:12/27/2018
Under general supervision of the Community Center Manager, the purpose of the position is to perform routine cleaning and maintenance at the Herndon Community Center, Bready Park, and Haley Smith Park facilities. Position is responsible for ensuring the Herndon Community Center, Bready Park and Haley Smith Park indoor and outdoor facilities are clean and that rooms and facilities are appropriately set-up and ready for classes and events.
- Performs routine, manual work cleaning and maintaining buildings, grounds and surrounding areas
- Performs recurring tasks in accordance with established practices and cleaning schedules
- Responsible for ensuring town-owned buildings are clean, (un)locking doors, setting up and breaking down rooms and facilities, performing minor maintenance and repairs, picking up trash, changing light bulbs and requisitioning supplies
- Performs related work as required
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Three to five years previous experience and/or training involving custodial work and building maintenance or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Must be able to perform all types of cleaning tasks
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work afternoon and evening hours until 12:00 a.m.
- Must be able to work both indoors and outside in all weather conditions
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Monday 2:30 pm - 11:30 pm
- Tuesday 2:30pm - 11:30 pm
- Wednesday 2:30pm -11:30 pm
- Saturday 3:00pm -12:00 am
- Sunday 12:00pm - 9:00 pm
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue