Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Fitness Instructor / Zumba Instructor
- Type:Part Time Flexible
- Salary/Pay Rate:$23/ hour
- Posted Date:01/09/2019
The Zumba instructor is responsible for the teaching of a well-established and well attended Zumba group exercise class on Thursday evenings. Must be able to communicate with the public. Should be reliable, enthusiastic and passionate about teaching Zumba. Class should be taught in a professional and safe manner. Instructor will be responsible for any setup prior to class start time and clean up after class. Instructor is responsible to provide their own Zumba music. Subbing opportunities also available for other days and times.
- Energetic, service-oriented group exercise instructor to lead Zumba fitness classes
- Responsible for the development, implementation and instruction of Zumba group fitness classes
- Must possess current AED/CPR certification (adult) and Zumba instructor certification
- One year teaching experience preferred
- Will be responsible for set up prior to class start time and clean up after class.
- Saturdays, 2 - 3 hours per week including Saturdays
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue