Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Technical Support Specialist
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$51,839 - 68,401 depending on quallifications
- Posted Date:01/09/2019
- Provides systems administration for the various Police Department computer resources including RMS, video and patrol laptop programs
- Check transaction logs to ensure backups and running efficiently
- Ensures data integrity for conversion and implementation of new systems as related to the Police Department and link-ups with other systems and locations
- Configure and test MDT’s for use in patrol vehicles
- Act as a liaison between the police department and outside vendors to troubleshoot and resolve application issues
- Work as needed to assist Town personnel and staff with computer and technical issues
- Provide required system maintenance to include within maintenance windows
- Provide audit reports to senior police staff for ongoing system improvements and investigations
- Work with the Sr. Police Network Security Engineer to ensure the Department's network and personnel are in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Work with the Town’s IT staff in developing and coordinating with the Network Administrator in maintaining an effective and efficient partnership related to all aspects of software/hardware acquisition and interface, design/development, upgrades and systems maintenance
- Performs other related duties as required
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Regular on-call rotation evenings/weekends/holidays is required
- Position requires the successful completion of an extensive background investigation and Polygraph examination by the Herndon Police Department
- The ideal candidate will bring experience with some or all the following technologies: MS Office Suite, Office 365, Microsoft Intune, Active Directory User and Computer Management, VM, ESX, NAS and SAN storage
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills. They will take initiative and responsibility in exceeding customer expectations and manage their time with competing priorities
- High school diploma or GED required
- Additionally, the candidate, will gain exposure to other disciplines such as Network Infrastructure, Enterprise Computing, GIS, and Application Development along with opportunities for advancement
- 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
- Herndon Police Department, 397 Herndon Parkway