Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$46,466
- Posted Date:02/04/2019
- Assists the Golf Course Superintendent with all activities relating to Golf Course Maintenance
- Conducts inspections of turf conditions, and assists with implementation of nutrient management program
- Performs daily maintenance functions; implementing cultural programs and practicing environmental management
- Programs and operates irrigation system; participates in repairs and troubleshooting of electrical issues associated with irrigation satellites and central control computer
- Confers with Superintendent regarding work schedules and assigns daily tasks to staff
- Supervises, trains and directs assigned staff; processes employee concerns and problems; provides coaching; and assists in completing employee performance evaluations
- Supervises and participates in landscape maintenance; mows greens, fairways, tees, collars, approaches, green banks and roughs
- Supervises and operates aerifiers, slit seeders, fertilizer spreaders, fungicide and insecticide sprayers, sod cutter, weed eater, electrical and hand tools; operates dump truck, pick-up truck and backhoe
- Participates in drainage and other in-house course improvement projects
- Cuts cups, move tees, gathers trash, and trims trees and shrubbery
- Assumes responsibilities of maintenance operations in the absence of the Golf Course Superintendent
- Performs related work as required
- Associate degree in turf-grass management or related field; minimum of five years golf course maintenance experience to include the operation and maintenance of related equipment; prior supervisory experience
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Requires Virginia Fertilizer License or the ability to obtain within six months of hire date
- Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. – (additional hours as needed)
- Herndon Centennial Golf Course Maintenance Facility, 1272 Old Heights Rd