Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Fitness Instructor - Les Mills / Zumba Instructor
- Type:Part Time Flexible
- Salary/Pay Rate:$23/ hour
- Posted Date:03/21/2019
The Herndon Community Center is hiring for certified Les Mills Fitness Instructors and/or certified Zumba class instructors.
Instructors are responsible for teaching quality, high energy classes. Must be able to communicate well with the public. Should be reliable, enthusiastic and passionate about teaching group fitness. Instructors are expected to be teach in a professional and safe manner. Instructors will be responsible for any setup prior to class start time and clean up after class. Instructors are responsible for providing their own music (sound system provided in-house).
- Lead high quality, high energy group fitness classes (Zumba and/or Les Mills fitness classes)
- Responsible for set up prior to class start time and clean up after class.
- Responsible for finding subs for your regular classes when necessary.
- Must be a certified Les Mills instructor to teach BodyPump and/or BodyCombat
- Must be a certified Zumba instructor to teach Zumba classes
- Must possess current AED/CPR certification (adult)
- One year teaching experience preferred
- Weekday evenings (classes starting 5:30pm or later)
- Saturday mornings (classes between 8am-12 noon)
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue