Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Golf Shop Assistant
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.00/ hr
- Posted Date:04/12/2019
- Operate point-of-sale system, facilitate sales, assist with merchandise
- Assists with operations of golf tournaments and outings
- Assists in opening and closing the clubhouse following established procedures
- Assists with marketing and promotion of the facility
- Strong financial, communication and public relation skills
- Marketing experience, proficiency in computer applications (POS, inventory control)
- Some knowledge of golf, retail operations and previous similar or related experience is preferred
- 16 -24 hours per week, to include evenings and weekends; May 4 – September 27, 2019
- Herndon Centennial Golf Course, 909 Ferndale Ave