Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Type:Part Time Flexible
- Salary/Pay Rate:$25.00/ per hour
- Posted Date:01/09/2019
The Herndon Community Center is seeking part-time certified personal trainers to join our fitness team. Provide safe, effective & fun workouts for individual clients & small group personal training classes. Trainers set their own schedules - you provide us your availability, we provide you the clients & classes! No floor hours, prospecting or commissions. Great facilities & friendly environment. Just bring a passion for helping others, and a belief in the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle.
• Design & execute professional, results-oriented personal training sessions
• Conduct fitness consultations, movement screenings, & baseline assessments
• Provide fitness room orientations
• Design & execute seasonal small group personal training classes (8- to 12-week progressive programs)
• Encourage & motivate participants in a positive way
• Have a professional working knowledge of human anatomy, the concepts of functional exercise, basic nutrition, and the fundamental principles of exercise science
• Manage time and client schedules responsibly
• Participate in special events & promotions as needed
• Be dependable & true
• Provide excellent customer service
- Candidates must have a current personal training certification from a nationally recognized organization (NSCA, ACE, NASM, ACSM, etc.)
- Must have a current CPR/AED certificationExcellent customer service and interpersonal skills, plus strong communication and organizational skills are required
- Preferred candidates will have at least one year of personal training experience and/or a degree in a field related to the Exercise Sciences
- Mornings, afternoons, evenings & weekends are available.
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue