Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Type:Part Time Flexible
- Salary/Pay Rate:$14 - 16 depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:08/15/2019
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, buffs, waxes and vacuums floors; cleans windows, walls, woodwork, blinds and light fixtures; dusts and cleans all surfaces, including but not limited to desks and other furniture; empties trash and recycling receptacles. Notifies supervisor of any repairs, cleaning supplies and materials needed
- Cleans, disinfects and sanitizes all restroom areas and fixtures; replenishes paper supplies, soap and deodorizers as needed. Cleans, disinfects and sanitizes kitchen areas, including sinks and fixtures; empties restroom and kitchen trash and recycling receptacles
- Gathers paper, litter and other debris around outside areas of town buildings and grounds
- Completes minor repairs within town buildings and grounds, using small, basic hand tools
- Performs other duties as required.
Position is considered “essential personnel” defined as staff who are required to report to their designated work location during weather related or other emergencies, even when town offices are closed or normal operations are suspended.
- High school diploma or GED strongly preferred
- Some experience or training in the custodial field strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable record
- 3: 00 p.m. - 12: 00 a.m.
- Town Shop, 1479 Sterling Road