Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$20.00/hr
- Posted Date:10/04/2019
When you are hired, there is a generous,
$5,000 “take-home” signing bonus
NO LATER THAN CLOSE OF BUSINESS DECEMBER 31, 2019.
The town offers:
• generous paid time off
• regular Monday-Friday schedule
• excellent health, dental and retirement benefits
• certification and training opportunities
• new boots twice a year
• free recreational benefits including gym usage and golf.
- Assists with roadside and public spaces (parks) litter collection, street cans and dog waste stations collection
- Assists with special events, emergency operations (snow removal, storm clean up, etc.) and other duties as needed
- Responds to customer’s complaints and requests as directed
- Performs skilled tasks; operates a variety of light to heavy equipment and trucks
- Assists with refuse and recycling collection code enforcement
- Oversees the maintenance of street cans, public spaces such as; parks, bus stations, downtown area ensuring areas are free of litter and debris
- Performs related work as required
Position is considered “essential personnel”; defined as staff who are required to report to their designated work location during weather related or other emergencies, even when town offices are closed or normal operations are suspended.
- High school diploma or GED (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving records
- Fork lift certificate within 6 months of employment
This position requires prolonged periods of lifting, carrying, pulling, and or pushing objects/material of 20 to 50 lbs and on occasion involve heavier objects/material up to 100lbs. Often work is located in ROWs, trenches, confined space, and/or on elevated structures. In these instances, proper safety equipment must be used. This position is required to follow all town and OSHA safety requirements, including but not limited to wearing the appropriate PPE (hard hat, safety vest, steel toe shoes, gloves, etc.) as required.
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Town Shop, 1479 Sterling Road