Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Summer Camp Gymnastics Leader
- Salary/Pay Rate:$11 -14.50/hr, DOQ
- Posted Date:03/16/2020
- Assist with the operation of an eight-week summer recreation program for youths ages 6-12. Applicants should be positive, energetic, with an understanding of basic gymnastics
- Counselors must be able to implement daily activities centered around gymnastics instruction
- Counselors will also be expected to lead arts and crafts, swimming, and gym-based games. Parent interaction is required with this position
- Must attend weekly staff meetings and prepare weekly lesson plans; other related duties that may apply.
- CPR and first aid certifications required prior to start of camp
- Candidates must be able to attend mandatory staff training prior to start of summer camp
- Must enjoy working with children and have strong customer service skills
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Previous experience working in gymnastics or with children highly desirable, but not mandatory
- Monday-Friday. 35-40 hour work week during camp sessions, June 1 - August 21 including July 4th