Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Parking Enforcement Official (Part-Time)
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$18. 26 - 31.32 depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:06/23/2020 9:08 AM
Under general direction, the purpose of this position is to enforce parking regulations within the Town of Herndon. Duties involve issuing parking citations and warnings as appropriate.
- Proactively patrols town roadways, neighborhoods, parking lots and other targeted locations to identify parking violations; responds to parking complaints.
- Issues parking citations for violations of various town parking ordinances and submits completed citations and summonses to ensure timely receipt by violators and the courts
- Testifies in court and presents evidence as required
- Investigates abandoned and unattended vehicles in town; facilitates the removal of abandoned or disabled vehicles from town roads.
- Provides traffic control in town as needed and assists with traffic control at town special events or critical incidents.
- Provides information and explanations regarding parking violations
- Assists in identifying possible criminal activities regarding parking violations and reports same to proper police officers.
- Prepares and presents reports to appropriate staff
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be at least 21 years old at time of employment
- Ability to obtain and maintain Virginia Criminal Information Network (VCIN) certification within six months of employment
- Certification in the use of oleoresin capsicum spray
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable record
- Monday - Friday, Flexible
- Herndon Police Station, 397 Herndon Parkway