The Fairfax County Health Department and the Virginia Department of Health are the lead agencies for providing health care resources to citizens in the Town of Herndon. The town government is reliant on and deferring to these agencies in matters related to COVID-19.
Text FFXCOVID to 888777 for text updates from the Fairfax County Health Department.
The Town of Herndon is committed to providing essential services while protecting the health and well-being of our citizens, businesses and employees. Impacts on town programs and services are as follows:
Herndon Community Center and tennis bubble
Town parks, including playgrounds. The Trailside skate park is also closed. Trails may be used; please practice social distancing.
Herndon Centennial Golf Course
Herndon Municipal Center. Residents and business representatives making payments to the town may
- Call 703-435-6813
- Go online at http://herndon-va.gov/BillPay
- Use the drop box outside of the main doors of the HMC, on Lynn Street (non-cash payments only)
- Mail non-cash payments to 777 Lynn Street, Herndon VA 20170
- For inquiries to Public Works, including Building Inspections: email@example.com or 703-435-6853
- For inquiries to Community Development, including Zoning: firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-787-7380. The department continues to accept and process zoning, special exception, HPRB/ARB, and BZA applications; click here for information on these and other department updates.
- For general inquiries to the town: email@example.com or 703-435-6800
Herndon Police Department lobby. For non-emergency situations, call 703-435-6846. For records requests, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meetings of the Herndon Town Council will be held electronically. Members of the public may listen to work sessions and participate in public hearings via WebEx; links will be published on the Friday prior to each Tuesday meeting date on the "Agendas and Minutes" page.
The town manager's Proposed FY 2021 Budget, submitted to the Town Council by April 1 as per state law, will be amended to reflect the fiscal impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Public hearings on an amended proposed budget will be held in May. Click here for information on the Proposed FY 2021 Budget.
The Herndon Festival
Parks & Recreation programs and classes through spring season
Events including Aqua and Easter Egg Hunts, Park & Stream Clean-Up, Earth Day/Arbor Day Celebration, Mayor's Volunteer Appreciation Reception, Caboose to Caboose, and Big Truck Days
Spring Break Camps
- Effective April 13, curbside collection of yard waste
- Spring clean-up, originally scheduled for April 22-24 (to be rescheduled)
- Special pickup of bulky items
- Fairfax County has suspended purple container glass collection/recycling program
Use of Herndon Police Dept (HPD) Community Room
HPD Ride-Along program, finger-printing services and car seat installations
All building and zoning inspections that require home or commercial space entry
Graveside services at Chestnut Grove Cemetery. Staff is working to accommodate families.
How to Prevent the Spread of Illnesses
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Centers for Disease Control’s Information on Pandemic Preparedness and COVID-19
- For Your Home
- Plan Ahead and Be Ready
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfectant Recommendations
- Checklist to Get Your House Ready
- If Someone in Your Home is Sick
- Frequently Asked Questions for Individuals and Families
- For Travelers
- For EMS
- For Educational Institutions
- For Businesses
- For Healthcare Providers
- For Healthcare Facilities