The Fairfax County Health Department and the Virginia Department of Health are the lead agencies for providing health care resources to citizens in the Town of Herndon. The town government is reliant on and deferring to these agencies in matters related to COVID-19.
Text FFXCOVID to 888777 for text updates from the Fairfax County Health Department.
The Town of Herndon is committed to providing essential services while protecting the health and well-being of our citizens, businesses and employees. Impacts on town programs and services are as follows:
Herndon Community Center
Herndon Municipal Center. Residents and business representatives making payments to the town may
- Call 703-435-6813
- Go online at http://herndon-va.gov/BillPay
- Use the drop box outside of the main doors of the HMC, on Lynn Street (non-cash payments only)
- Mail non-cash payments to 777 Lynn Street, Herndon VA 20170
- For inquiries to Public Works, including Building Inspections: firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-435-6853
- For inquiries to Community Development, including Zoning: email@example.com or 703-787-7380. The department continues to accept and process zoning, special exception, HPRB/ARB, and BZA applications; click here for information on these and other department updates.
- For general inquiries to the town: firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-435-6800
Herndon Police Department lobby. For non-emergency situations, call 703-435-6846. For records requests, email email@example.com.
Herndon Centennial Golf Course has reopened, with modifications and social distancing in place. The clubhouse and Egg Karne cafe remain closed. Visit herndongolf.com for more info and to book a tee time.
Parking lots and trails at some town parks are open, and all tennis courts are open. The skatepark at Trailside is also open. Playing fields, playgrounds, basketball courts, water fountains and restrooms at all town parks remain closed. Get updates here.
Meetings of the Herndon Town Council will be held electronically. Members of the public may listen to work sessions and participate in public hearings via WebEx; links will be published on the Friday prior to each Tuesday meeting date on the "Agendas and Minutes" page.
The due date for the town's real estate tax has changed, from July 28 to August 28. Due dates for the town's transient occupancy tax have changed as well (information returns still due on original dates).
The Herndon Festival and the 4th of July Celebration
Parks & Recreation summer camps
- Curbside collection of yard waste
- Special pickup of bulky items
Herndon Farmers' Market. New opening day to be announced.
HPD Ride-Along program, finger-printing services and car seat installations
All building and zoning inspections that require home or commercial space entry
Graveside services at Chestnut Grove Cemetery. Staff is working to accommodate families.