The Town of Herndon boasts a unique synergy between its powerful sense of community and its stature as a 21st century business center at the hub of the region's high-tech corridor. Located just two miles east of Washington Dulles International Airport and 22 miles west of downtown Washington, DC, the Town of Herndon blends the old and the new into a foundation that provides solid support for small, medium and large businesses:
- Affordable, well-situated office, industrial and retail locations
- Worldwide accessibility via Washington Dulles
- Prime location along major transportation systems, with easy access to local and regional marketplaces
- Competitive tax structure
- Well-educated, highly trained work force
- Proud community, respectful of its heritage and "sense of place"
- Sound, stable and responsive local government
Located within Fairfax County ("One of the great economic success stories of our time" - Time Magazine) and the Commonwealth of Virginia (the top state in the nation for business - Forbes), Herndon is a preferred business destination for local, regional, national and international enterprises.
The Town's Economic Development office produces "ON Board" an e-newsletter for and about the town's business community.