The Elden Street Sidewalk Improvements Project will reconstruct the streetscape on the south side of Elden Street between Center Street to the east and just past School Street to the west. The project map linked below shows the projects extents. The new streetscape will be designed to improve pedestrian safety and access.
This project will include:
- New 5’ wide ADA-compliant sidewalks
- New ADA-compliant curb ramps
- A new landscaped strip between the sidewalk and the curb
- New high visibility crosswalks
- New ADA-compliant pedestrian signalization
This project is currently in the concept design phase. Funding is being sought through the state administered Transportation Alternatives – Set Aside Program. Authorization for the funding application and endorsement of the project will be considered by the Planning Commission at its August 26, 2019 public hearing and the Town Council at its September 24, 2019 public hearing.