Chandon Park Trail Improvements Project
Work on the Chandon Park Trail Improvements Project will begin the week of October 14, 2019. The project consists of the installation of approximately 1,600 linear feet of eight foot wide asphalt trail connecting Herndon Parkway, Worldgate and the Dulles Glen Apartments. Removal and replacement of the bridge to the dog park with concrete culvert pipe is also being done as part of this project. Access will be maintained to the dog park, tennis courts and ball field throughout the duration of the project. Funding for the project was obtained through grants from Fairfax County as part of the Herndon Metrorail Station Access Management Study (HMSAMS). Substantial completion of the project is expected in December 2019.
3rd Street Water Tank Painting & Rehabilitation Project
October 10, 2019 - The tank painting portion of the 3rd Street Water Tank Painting & Rehabilitation Project has been substantially completed. Miscellaneous repairs, site cleanup and work necessary for re-filling of the tank continues.
Cellular antennas and equipment removed from the tank and placed on temporary cell towers will be relocated back to the water tank. Once this work has been completed the temporary towers will be removed from the site. Cellular equipment relocation is expected to start by the end of October.
Sewer Main Lining Projects (Dates to be determined)
- Center Street between Locust Street and Nash Street
- Locust Street between Center Street and Grace Street
- Grant Street in easement near Madison Street and Dranesville Road
- Easement in Cavalier Park
Customers affected by this project will be notified prior to construction.
What to expect:
- Temporary disruption of service for properties directly served from the main being lined. A letter will be hand delivered to those impacted with specifics and scheduled times of disruption.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane during construction with the potential of road closure (only if deemed necessary) and parking may be restricted.
- Work is typically performed between the hours of 8am and 8pm
Elden Street / Monroe Street Intersection
Enhancements included in the Elden-Monroe Street Intersection Improvements project include a new traffic signal, brick crosswalks with ADA compliant curb ramps, brick sidewalks and storm drainage improvements. This project will link the East Elden Project, the Downtown Streetscape Project, and the Elden-Monroe private development project.
Pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the project is PEI-exempt under Preliminary Environmental Inventory Exemption 29. The project does not impact any historic resources as determined by the Town's historic preservation staff.
Herndon ON the Move
Please visit our Herndon ON the Move page for details on upcoming roadway projects.