Van Buren Street / Herndon Parkway - Work in the Right of Way
Beginning mid January, work will take place in the right of way along Van Buren Street, between Worldgate Drive and Spring Street, as well as the 500 - 600 block of Herndon Parkway. Expected work hours will be weekdays between the hours of 9am - 3pm, Temporary lane closures may be necessary. Flaggers will be on site to direct motorists through the work zone. Expected date of completion: Early to mid April 2020.
Chandon Park Trail Improvements Project
The Chandon Park Trail Improvements Project has been substantially completed. The trail is currently open for use. Site cleanup and installation of handrail will be completed by mid-February. Please exercise caution while using the trail during the cleanup and handrail installation phases of construction.
3rd Street Water Tank Painting & Rehabilitation Project
November 22, 2019 - The 3rd Street Water Tank Painting & Rehabilitation Project has been completed and the tank has been put back into service as of 11/22/19.
Cellular antennas and equipment removed from the tank and placed on temporary cell towers is in the process of being relocated back to the water tank. Once this work has been completed the temporary towers will be removed from the site.
Sewer Main Lining Projects (Dates to be determined)
- Center Street between Locust Street and Nash Street
- Locust Street between Center Street and Grace Street
- Grant Street in easement near Madison Street and Dranesville Road
- Easement in Cavalier Park
Customers affected by this project will be notified prior to construction.
What to expect:
- Temporary disruption of service for properties directly served from the main being lined. A letter will be hand delivered to those impacted with specifics and scheduled times of disruption.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane during construction with the potential of road closure (only if deemed necessary) and parking may be restricted.
- Work is typically performed between the hours of 8am and 8pm
Elden Street / Monroe Street Intersection
Enhancements included in the Elden-Monroe Street Intersection Improvements project include a new traffic signal, brick crosswalks with ADA compliant curb ramps, brick sidewalks and storm drainage improvements. This project will link the East Elden Project, the Downtown Streetscape Project, and the Elden-Monroe private development project.
Pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the project is PEI-exempt under Preliminary Environmental Inventory Exemption 29. The project does not impact any historic resources as determined by the Town's historic preservation staff.
Herndon ON the Move
Please visit our Herndon ON the Move page for details on upcoming roadway projects.