*Please note that Herndon Community Center is closed indefinitely. All rentals through the end of June have been cancelled and we will not be accepting any new applications for rentals until we reopen for business.
Thank you for considering the Herndon Community Center and the Town of Herndon Parks and Recreation Department for your special event, function or meeting. The Herndon Community Center has a selection of rooms and can accommodate groups up to 375 people. Our staff is available to help ensure an enjoyable, safe and economical event.
- Look at the room list below to determine which rooms will meet your needs.
- Call 703-787-7300 or stop by the Herndon Community Center to check on room availability.
- Determine how many chairs, tables and other equipment you will need. Chairs, tables and any equipment are not included with the rental fee but can be rented through the center.
- Fill out the rental application.
- Submit the rental application to the Herndon Community Center with the correct nonrefundable security deposit.
If your application is approved you should receive your permit and a letter in 5-7 business days. If your rental is declined you should receive a phone call and your security deposit will be returned.
- Your balance will be due 10 days prior to your event.
*Applications can be dropped off at the Herndon Community Center or faxed to 703-318-8652. You can also e-mail the application to the Community Center Manager. Applications will not be evaluated until the security deposit is received.
Community Room 1
- Capacity 175 (capacity can be slightly larger without tables)
- About 3000 Sq. Ft. (77' x 39')
- 4-hour minimum rental, $600.00 for the first 4 hours and $125.00 for each additional hour
- $200.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Community Room 2
- Capacity 75 people
- About 1000 Sq. Ft. (37' x 28')
- 2-hour minimum rental, $150.00 for the first 2 hours and $50.00 for each additional hour
- $75.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Community Room 3
- Capacity 25 people
- About 400 Sq. Ft. (22' x 18')
- 2-hour minimum rental, $40.00 for the first 2 hours and $17.00 for each additional hour
- $40.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Arts & Crafts Room
- Capacity 35 people
- About 575 Sq. Ft. (32' x 18')
- 2-hour minimum rental, $60.00 for the first 2 hours and $25.00 for each additional hour
- $50.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Gymnasium (Full Gym)
- Capacity 375 people
- About 7500 Sq. Ft. (98' x 76')
- 4-hour minimum rental, $1000.00 for the first 4 hours and $145.00 for each additional hour
- $300.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Lane Rental $19 per hour per lane
Diving Well $75 per hour
Private Parties (Full Facility) $185 per hour
* For private parties or for rentals outside regular pool operations time, fees for operations staff will be additional, based on the number of attendees. Please call 703.787.7300 for details.
Enjoy a day outside at one of the town's picnic shelters. Shelters are rented in four hour intervals. The town has 3 different shelters available to rent. The shelters are located in Bready Park, Trailside Park and Runnymede Park.