Thank you for considering the Herndon Community Center and the Town of Herndon Parks and Recreation Department for your special event, function or meeting. The Herndon Community Center has a selection of rooms and can accommodate groups up to 375 people. Our staff is available to help ensure an enjoyable, safe and economical event.
- Look at the room list below to determine which rooms will meet your needs.
- Call 703-787-7300 or stop by the Herndon Community Center to check on room availability.
- Determine how many chairs, tables and other equipment you will need. Chairs, tables and any equipment are not included with the rental fee but can be rented through the center.
- Fill out the rental application.
- Submit the rental application to the Herndon Community Center with the correct nonrefundable security deposit.
If your application is approved you should receive your permit and a letter in 5-7 business days. If your rental is declined you should receive a phone call and your security deposit will be returned.
- Your balance will be due 10 days prior to your event.
*Applications can be dropped off at the Herndon Community Center or faxed to 703-318-8652. You can also e-mail the application to the Community Center Manager. Applications will not be evaluated until the security deposit is received.
Community Room 1
- Capacity 175 (capacity can be slightly larger without tables)
- About 3000 Sq. Ft. (77' x 39')
- 4-hour minimum rental, $600.00 for the first 4 hours and $125.00 for each additional hour
- $200.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Community Room 2
- Capacity 75 people
- About 1000 Sq. Ft. (37' x 28')
- 2-hour minimum rental, $150.00 for the first 2 hours and $50.00 for each additional hour
- $75.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Community Room 3
- Capacity 25 people
- About 400 Sq. Ft. (22' x 18')
- 2-hour minimum rental, $40.00 for the first 2 hours and $17.00 for each additional hour
- $40.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Arts & Crafts Room
- Capacity 35 people
- About 575 Sq. Ft. (32' x 18')
- 2-hour minimum rental, $60.00 for the first 2 hours and $25.00 for each additional hour
- $50.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Gymnasium (Full Gym)
- Capacity 375 people
- About 7500 Sq. Ft. (98' x 76')
- 4-hour minimum rental, $1000.00 for the first 4 hours and $145.00 for each additional hour
- $300.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Lane Rental $19 per hour per lane
Diving Well $75 per hour
Private Parties (Full Facility) $185 per hour
* For private parties or for rentals outside regular pool operations time, fees for operations staff will be additional, based on the number of attendees. Please call 703.787.7300 for details.
Enjoy a day outside at one of the town's picnic shelters. Shelters are rented in four hour intervals. The town has 3 different shelters available to rent. The shelters are located in Bready Park, Trailside Park and Runnymede Park.