Thank you for considering the Herndon Community Center and the Town of Herndon Parks and Recreation Department for your special event, function or meeting. The Herndon Community Center has a selection of rooms and can accommodate groups up to 400 people. Our staff is available to help ensure an enjoyable, safe and economical event.
*Please note that some of the Herndon Community Center room rental rates will be going up for all rental applications received on or after September 1, 2019. If you wish to book the room with the rates listed below, please make sure we receive your application by 5:30pm on August 30, 2019. Here is a link to the new rates:
- Look at the room list below to determine which rooms will meet your needs.
- Call 703-787-7300 or stop by the Herndon Community Center to check on room availability.
- Determine how many chairs, tables and other equipment you will need. Chairs, tables and any equipment are not included with the rental fee but can be rented through the center.
- Fill out the rental application.
- Submit the rental application to the Herndon Community Center with the correct nonrefundable security deposit.
If your application is approved you should receive your permit and a letter in 5-7 business days. If your rental is declined you should receive a phone call and your security deposit will be returned.
- Your balance and damage deposit will be due 10 days prior to your event.
*Applications can be dropped off at the Herndon Community Center or faxed to 703-318-8652. You can also e-mail the application to the Community Center Manager. Applications will not be evaluated until the security deposit is received.
(To receive these rates you must submit your application and deposit by 5:00pm on August 30. Application received after that date will be charged the new rates which can be viewed by clicking the link at the top of this page.)
Community Room 1
- Capacity 200 people (Please note that the capacity to seat everyone at tables and have space for a dance floor is about 170 people)
- About 3000 Sq. Ft. (77' x 39')
- 4-hour minimum rental, $500.00 for the first 4 hours and $100.00 for each additional hour
- $200.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Community Room 2
- Capacity 75 people
- About 1000 Sq. Ft. (37' x 28')
- 2-hour minimum rental, $150.00 for the first 2 hours and $50.00 for each additional hour
- $75.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Community Room 3
- Capacity 25 people
- About 400 Sq. Ft. (22' x 18')
- 2-hour minimum rental, $40.00 for the first 2 hours and $15.00 for each additional hour
- $40.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Arts & Crafts Room
- Capacity 35 people
- About 575 Sq. Ft. (32' x 18')
- 2-hour minimum rental, $60.00 for the first 2 hours and $25.00 for each additional hour
- $50.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Gymnasium (Full Gym)
- Capacity 375 people
- About 7500 Sq. Ft. (98' x 76')
- 4-hour minimum rental, $900.00 for the first 4 hours and $125.00 for each additional hour
- $300.00 nonrefundable security deposit due with application
Lane Rental $19 per hour per lane
Diving Well $75 per hour
Private Parties (Full Facility) $185 per hour
* For private parties or for rentals outside regular pool operations time, fees for operations staff will be additional, based on the number of attendees. Please call 703.787.7300 for details.
Enjoy a day outside at one of the town's picnic shelters. Shelters are rented in four hour intervals. The town has 3 different shelters available to rent. The shelters are located in Bready Park, Trailside Park and Runnymede Park.