The clubhouse restrooms and Egg Karne are open.
The pro shop will remain closed until further notice.
HERNDON CENTENNIAL COVID-19 FAQ’s
At Herndon Centennial, the health and safety of the community, guests and staff is our top priority. We take the current public health situation surrounding the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) very seriously. We are following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and observing all directives issued by local, state and federal public health authorities. At the present time, Herndon Centennial is open, with significant changes to operations. The clubhouse restroom are open and the pro shop will remain closed until further notice.
To protect the health and safety of our staff and guests, we are following Social Distancing Standards recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. Please do your part to follow these standards and if you are sick or have symptoms do not come to the golf course.
In addition to social distancing, our facility is increasing sanitation practices including, but not limited to, wiping down range buckets, pull carts, counters, credit card keypads, door handles and other common touch points on site. The sanitation measures are for our guest’s protection as well as the protection of the staff.
HOW CAN I BOOK A TEE TIME?
To limit interaction between customers and staff, tee time bookings and payments may be done online at https://www.herndongolf.com/ then click on the Tee Times tab. Rates have been simplified to allow for online booking and must be prepaid. No discounts, rain checks or gift certificates can be applied. You will be required to register for a GolfNow account to make a reservation. Cancellations must be done through either the customers GolfNow account or by calling GolfNow at 1-800-767-3574. Seniors over the age of sixty or Town of Herndon residents may call the golf shop (703-471-5769) to arrange reservations. Payment for the entire group must be made at that time. Annual pass holders must call the golf shop to schedule tee times.
CAN I WALK ON WITHOUT A TEE TIME?
Golfers must call the golf shop before coming to the course to check availability and arrange payment.
CAN I PLAY BY MYSELF?
Online reservations will not be taken for singles. Single players should call the golf shop to check availability and likely will be placed with a group.
ARE YOU ALLOWING POWER CARTS?
Although walking is highly encouraged to promote social distancing, riding carts are allowed. Single rider carts will be required, but family members living in the same home may ride together. Delays may be experienced when play is at a high volume. Staff may rearrange tee times to allow walking groups to tee off if other groups choose to wait for golf carts.
WHAT FORM OF PAYMENT ARE YOU ACCEPTING?
At this time only credit cards will be accepted for payment.
IS THE DRIVING RANGE OR PRACTICE GREEN OPEN?
- The driving range is open for use.Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines when using the practice range. The use of the range may be limited or temporarily closed if the area becomes too crowded or the supply of range balls is depleted.It is recommended that customers call to check the status of the range each day.Only balls purchased through the golf course may be hit on the range.Touchpoints and range equipment will be routinely sanitized.
- The practice putting green is open. There are no holes and capacity is limited to a maximum of five players practicing social distancing at any time.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT WHEN CHECKING IN AT THE PRO SHOP?
Currently the clubhouse/golf shop is closed to customers. Customers should not arrive more than 15 minutes before their scheduled tee time, but early enough to check in with the starter and get to the first tee on time.
- There is a window at the golf shop with a credit card reader located outside to process range ball and golf cart transactions.If waiting, please follow social distance markings to access the window.
- Restrooms will be available in the clubhouse and near the fourth tee and will be routinely sanitized during the day.
- You will be greeted outside by the starter, who will direct you to where you can wait your turn to approach the first tee.
- Scorecards and pencils are available at the 1st and 10th tee.
WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT ON THE GOLF COURSE?
- Cups on the greens are turned upside down so that the ball is easier to retrieve.
- Flag sticks will be in use but should not be touched/removed at any time.
- Rakes have been removed from bunkers.Effort should be made to smooth sand with foot or club.
- Ball washers and some benches have been removed.
- Another player’s equipment should not be handled.
- Social distancing must be practiced on the golf course.
IS THERE WATER ON THE COURSE OR A BEVERAGE CART AVAILABLE?
- No water coolers will be available and water fountains have been turned off.
2. The beverage cart will be available. Please check with Egg Karne for operating times.
IS THE CAFE OPEN?
Food service is available. Inside seating is limited.
CAN I BRING MY OWN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES?
No, outside alcoholic beverages are not permitted in accordance with Virginia ABC laws.
Welcome to Herndon Centennial Golf Course, where quality and value combine to create a great golf experience. Enjoy a round, host an outing, take advantage of the practice facilities while experiencing one of the premier public golf courses in the Northern Virginia area.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Herndon Centennial Golf Course, a "must play" for local, regional and national golf enthusiasts.
Save money and purchase an Annual Pass this season. 5 and 7 day passes are available and are valid one year from the date of purchase.