In an effort to slow the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Parks and Recreation Department has taken the following steps:
- The Herndon Community Center is closed until further notice.
- Summer camp and program registration is postponed. Full-day summer camps; Herndon Odyssey, Teen Discovery, and Preschool camp are canceled. As the vision for summer becomes more clear, and we are able to prepare sufficiently and depending on the health of our community, we may offer a limited number of specialty camps in the late summer. Summer registration info will be updated mid-July.
- All park amenities in the Town of Herndon are open except restrooms. Athletic fields are open for non-permitted use. Remember to bring drinking water. Please practice physical distancing.
Click here for virtual recreation and adventures compiled for your enjoyment.
Fitness Classes and Tips
The following events are canceled:
- 4th of July Celebration
- Kids Triathlon
How to Prevent the Spread of Illnesses
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Centers for Disease Control’s Information on Pandemic Preparedness and COVID-19
- For Your Home
- Plan Ahead and Be Ready
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfectant Recommendations
- Checklist to Get Your House Ready
- If Someone in Your Home is Sick
- Frequently Asked Questions for Individuals and Families
- For Travelers
- For EMS
- For Educational Institutions
- For Businesses
- For Healthcare Providers
- For Healthcare Facilities