The Herndon Community Center Fitness Room is a bright & well equipped 2,500 square feet of dedicated workout space. Available for use as part of your admission fees or passes, our fitness room has everything you need for a great workout: Cardiovascular & resistance training equipment, free weights, and many fun fitness accessories! For your enjoyment four (4) wall-mounted flat screen televisions are provided in the cardio area.
We're installing a brand NEW Signature Series LifeFitness Multi-Jungle 8 (MJ8) in our fitness room!
The MJ8 is a multi-faceted piece of strength training equipment customized with a variety of add-ons & setups to provide exercisers with a nearly limitless workout variety.
With space for up to eight exercisers at once, the MJ8 is perfect for individual gym use, personal training & group training programs.
The Cable Motion™ Technology employs user-defined paths of motion that allow for an immense variety of strength training movement patterns & exercises.
Age Requirements for participation
- The Fitness Room may be enjoyed independently by all adults age 16 & older.
- Youth participants between the ages of 12 & 15 must complete a Free Youth Fitness Orientation to use the Fitness Room.
- Upon completion, the youth will receive a Youth Fitness I.D. which proves Fitness Room eligibility and must be presented to the front desk during all future visits.
- The Youth Fitness I.D. does not grant facility admission - participants are subject to standard Herndon Community Center Admission fees & passes.
- Along with obtaining a Youth Fitness I.D., children age 12 & 13 must be directly supervised at all times by a parent/guardian while working out in the Fitness Room.
- Youth Fitness Orientations are available by appointment only. Please email or call 703-435-6800 ext. 2131 to schedule.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted in the Fitness Room.
- Precor Treadmills (x3)
- Woodway Ecomill
- LifeFitness Elliptical Crosstrainers (x3)
- Cybex Arc Trainers (x2)
- Octane Lateral X Elliptical
- Octane Seated Elliptical (x2)
- LifeFitness Upright Bikes (x2)
- LifeFitness Recumbent Bikes (x3)
- Jacob's Ladder
- Concept II Rowing Ergometer
- Stairmaster Stepmill
- Technogym Excite+TOP (Upper Body Ergometer)
Strength Training Equipment:
- Cybex Strength Machines (19 piece circuit)
- Duel Cable Functional Trainer
- FreeMotion Functional Trainer
- Hoist Chin Up / Dip Assist
- Cybex Smith Rack
- Torque Power Half-Rack
- Dumbbells from 2lbs - 75 lbs
- TRX Suspension Straps
- Exercise mats
- Stability Balls
- Resistance Tubes
- Mini Bands
FREE Fitness Room Orientation
Our Fitness staff is available by appointment for a free Fitness Room Orientation (included with admission fees or passes). We will teach you safe & effective ways to use our fitness equipment and help you become comfortable in using the room on your own. To schedule a session, please email our Head Personal Trainer, or call 703-435-6800 ext. 2131.
Report a problem:
Help us keep our Fitness Room running at 100%. Please let us know if you found anything out-of-order or noticed something not working quite right. Send our Fitness Services Supervisor a quick email and we'll get it resolved as soon as possible.