The Herndon Community Center Fitness Room is a bright & well equipped 2,500 square feet of dedicated workout space. Available for use as part of your admission fees or passes, our fitness room has everything you need for a great workout: Cardiovascular & resistance training equipment, free weights, and many fun fitness accessories! For your enjoyment four (4) wall-mounted flat screen televisions are provided in the cardio area.
Age Requirements for participation
- The Fitness Room may be enjoyed independently by all adults age 16 & older.
- Youth participants between the ages of 12 & 15 must complete a Free Youth Fitness Orientation to use the Fitness Room.
- Upon completion, the youth will receive a Youth Fitness I.D. which proves Fitness Room eligibility and must be presented to the front desk during all future visits.
- The Youth Fitness I.D. does not grant facility admission - participants are subject to standard Herndon Community Center Admission fees & passes.
- Along with obtaining a Youth Fitness I.D., children age 12 & 13 must be directly supervised at all times by a parent/guardian while working out in the Fitness Room.
- Youth Fitness Orientations are available by appointment only. Please email or call 703-435-6800 ext. 2131 to schedule.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted in the Fitness Room.
- Precor Treadmills (x3)
- LifeFitness Treadmill
- Woodway Ecomill
- LifeFitness Elliptical Crosstrainers (x3)
- Cybex Arc Trainers (x2)
- Octane Lateral X Elliptical
- Octane Seated Elliptical (x2)
- LifeFitness Upright Bikes (x2)
- LifeFitness Recumbent Bikes (x3)
- Jacob's Ladder
- Concept II Rowing Ergometer
- Stairmaster Stepmill
- Technogym Excite+TOP (Upper Body Ergometer)
Strength Training Equipment:
- LifeFitness Multi-Jungle 8
- Low Row
- Lat Pull-down
- Vertical Press
- Horizontal Press
- Assisted Chin/Dip
- Duel Pulley Adjustable Cable Crossover
- Heavy Stack Adjustable Single Pulley
- Matrix Fitness Lower Body Strength Machines (6 piece circuit)
- Leg Press
- Seated Leg Curl
- Leg Extension
- Hip Abduction / Hip Adduction
- Ab Crunch / Back Extension
- GHD (Glute Hamstring Developer)
- Matrix Fitness Chest Press Machine
- Rogue Monster 2.0 Full Rack
- 1040 lbs of Weight Plates (45's, 35's, 25's, 15's, & 10's)
- Hoist Duel Cable Functional Trainer
- FreeMotion Functional Trainer
- Cybex Smith Rack
- Dumbbells (pairs from 2.5lbs - 75 lbs)
- Kettlebells (pairs of 9lb, 18lb, 26lb, 35lb, 44lb)
- TRX Suspension Strap
- Exercise mats
- Stability Balls
- Resistance Tubes
FREE Fitness Room Orientation
Our Fitness staff is available by appointment for a free Fitness Room Orientation (included with admission fees or passes). We will teach you safe & effective ways to use our fitness equipment and help you become comfortable using the Fitness room on your own. To schedule a session, please email our Head Personal Trainer, or call 703-435-6800 ext. 2131.
Report a problem:
Help us keep our Fitness Room running at 100%. Please let us know if you found anything out-of-order or noticed something not working quite right. Send our Fitness Services Supervisor a quick email and we'll get it resolved as soon as possible.