Saturday, April 6, 2019 - Two Events To Show You Care!
- Volunteer – Town Parks & Stream Clean-Up, 8am-12pm at Runnymede Park, 195 Herndon Parkway. Volunteers will be assigned to specific parks in the town. Great opportunity for kids to earn community service hours. To volunteer as an individual or as a group, contact the Town Forester at 703-435-6800 x2014. Don't miss the free hot dogs after the clean-up, complements of the Friends of Runnymede Park.
- Recycle – Shred Event, 9am-12pm, Runnymede Park. This is a FREE and secure document shredding service. Everyone is welcome. There is a five container limit per vehicle. Additional guidelines below.
Park and Stream Clean-up volunteers should meet at the main entrance of Runnymede Park. Teams will be assigned to areas in the park or other parks in the Town. You can make a big difference in a short amount of time in a team effort! BRING WORK GLOVES AND WEAR SUITABLE CLOTHING. Park and Stream Clean-up sponsored by the Friends of Runnymede Park, Town of Herndon Parks & Recreation and Community Development Departments.
The shred event is a free and secure document shredding service. Everyone is welcome.
1. There is a 5 container limit per vehicle and all containers will be returned.
2. Accepted: all grades of office paper, including staples, paper clips and binder clips.
3. Not accepted: newspaper, magazines, phonebooks, cardboard (eg, overnight envelopes), three-ring binders, electronic media (eg, hard drives, tapes, and discs), or plastic or metal objects.
4. For safety’s sake, people should remain in their cars until they reach the shred truck.