Let's add a little fun, adventure, and learning to you and your family's day. Below are a few resources we have found, hopefully they provide some entertainment and enrichment. We encourage our local businesses with similar opportunities to share those with us. Email us any suggestions you have to add to the list, email@example.com.
Visual and Performing Arts
- Daily Doodle lessons by Mo Willems.
- FreeKidsCrafts - Lots of categories of idea, templates and print outs.
- Crafts by Amanda - Free arts and crafts ideas
- Online digital coloring pages at www.thecolor.com.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art - A wonderful, endlessly detailed way to get kids engaged in the world of art.
- Artsology - Helps kids learn to appreciate the arts by providing them with the opportunity to play games, conduct investigations, and explore different forms of art.
- Kids Think Design - Explores careers in fashion design, graphic design, interior design, book design, product design, film and theatre, architecture, animation, and environmental design.
Nature and Virtual Travel
- Tour some of the America's best national parks virtually - From Travel Zoo website
- Baltimore Aquarium - Lessons and resources for all ages
- Smithsonian Zoos and Museums - No need to travel to one of the Smithsonian’s zoos or museums — this website brings your child everything from live video of the National Zoo to the Smithsonian Learning Lab right to your screen.
- Google Earth - Take a Virtual Vacation or explore the world! Use Street View to see places like you’re actually there.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium - Head to the Aquarium through their live stream.
- Virtual Museum Tours - Visit museums around the world through their virtual tours.
- Virtual Field Trips - Take a trip to a number of museums, zoos, aquariums and landmarks around the world.
- San Diego Zoo - Check out their live animal cams and videos.
- Nat Geo Kids - Learn about geography and animals from National Geographic.
- Gardening - Guide to gardening for kids
Just for Fun
- All Kids Network - Crafts, activities, mazes, dot to dot, etc.
- Highlights Kids - Fun games, recipes, crafts, activities.
- Maker Stations - 3 Free Weeks of Maker Stations to keep your children creating at home! Each challenge includes simple instructions using materials around the house, QR code video resources, and a student recording sheet.
- Nomster Chef - Illustrated recipes designed to help kids age 2-12 cook with their grown-ups. Recipes encourage culinary skills, literacy, math, and science.
- Games to play with your smart speaker.
- Games to play with Alexa smart speaker.
STEM and Educational Resources
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Bed Time Math - Math as a fun part of your daily family routine
- Conjuguemos - Vocabulary, grammar, listening activities and games in Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Korean, and Latin.
- Instructables - 3D printing projects and Coding projects, involving math and other K-12 subjects
- Science Spot - Science projects that can be completed with or without Internet access
- The Happy Scientist - Just explore, have fun, and learn some science along the way.
- Climate Kids - This NASA initiative covers a wide range of topics including weather, climate, atmosphere, water, energy, plants, and animals.
- PBS Learning- PreK-12 digital media service with more than 30,000 learning materials
- Brainscape - Offers over a million flashcard decks for every subject, entrance exam, and certification imaginable.
- Banzai - Exposes students to real-world financial dilemmas to teach them the importance of smart money management.