Business Licenses must be obtained within 30 days from the day the business begins operations in the Town of Herndon, and must be renewed annually on or before March 1st.
How to obtain a Business License
1. Select and complete the appropriate form below:
Note, the appropriate zoning approval must be obtained, as indicated on the form. Please contact the Department of Community Development for zoning related questions.
2. Calculate Business License Taxes
3. If filing as individual or sole proprietor, complete the Residency Status Affidavit to establish proof of residency status.
4. Submit completed BPOL application with payment of license fee and required documentation to the Town of Herndon:
In person or by mail: Herndon Municipal Center
777 Lynn Street, 1st floor
Herndon, VA 20170-4602
- Business License Renewal form
- BPOL Tax Rate Schedule
- Residency Status application
- Close of Business form
- Massage Establishment Addendum